The Juggling Act is a consulting agency. We work with organisations on how they can better support their working parent employees through, coaching, workshops, cultural assessments and transformation. As part of this offer, we also run The Juggling Act leadership programme: an innovative coaching programme that enables parents to build the career they truly want amidst the circus of raising a family.
Our Learning & Development programme is a 4-part combination of coaching sessions and a full-day workshop, designed to empower parents re-entering the workplace, enhancing their focus and self-assurance as well as offering real-life practical exercises in negotiation and communication skills. We’ve pulled together our extensive professional and personal experience to create a programme full of practical content and exercises.
Our programme offers working parents the opportunity to:
- Explore feelings and thoughts about returning to work.
- Highlight key areas of challenge and identify new solutions.
- Practice having difficult conversations under challenging but supportive conditions.
- Identify unconscious blocks and beliefs and discuss more useful behaviours, responses and attitudes.
During the course we’ll explore the following topics:
- Personal values, purpose & vision.
- Confidence, support & boundaries.
- Relationship with money: work patterns, promotions and pay.
- Expert communication skills: speak to be heard, listen to understand.
- Mental & physical health: understanding and managing stress.
Our mission is to make the world of work more successful and fulfilling for everyone: employers and employees, women and men, for generations to come.
“This workshop helped me realise that I frequently fail to ask for things that would work best for me because I think the answer will be no. It gave me more confidence to think about how I want my work/life balance to work, and how to start having conversations to support that (I’ve actually since asked to go back 80% initially and got agreement)!”
“The mini-session on how to approach tricky conversations and negotiations was my favourite part and was confidence-building at a time when I felt particularly insecure. I felt so empowered afterwards that I arranged a phone call with a freelance work contact the next morning. I’d been feeling anxious having had nine months in a maternity leave bubble but even simply talking through some of these fears made them disappear.”
Chrissy, Marketing Strategy Director
“This was by far the best leadership and communication workshop I’ve attended. Other events of this kind can be uninspiring, PowerPoint-heavy and jargonistic; this stands out as personal and thought-provoking. Its positive impact will be felt in the workplace and beyond.”
Sophie, NHS Doctor